Thanks to Julie for taking notes and to Steve for leading the meeting!
Summary of the mtg to go out to the DL:
1. Steve handed out the Relay for Life Packets and posters at the meeting. Contact him if you need one.
2. Discussed the possibility of getting a dunking booth as a fundraiser for relay (Brian will check into)
3. We need to make sure we are planning to partner again with the ARC and check to see if we can borrow the tents (Michael)
4. Check with library about reading as a service project this month (Julie)
5. Next mtg Rubi's Feb 21 @ 7 PM --- Long term planning
Please let me know if you have ideas for projects in the next few months, or fundraisers for Relay for Life. Thanks!
The Mid Ohio Valley Down Syndrome Association is holding its annual Freeze Out Softball Tournament on Saturday, March 2nd.For those of you who are interested, there are 3 ways to get involved.
#1--Get your team together and enter the tournament. (Sorry gals, but it's limited to guys teams only). For registration information, call Ron at 422-3761 Every player gets a FREE T-shirt, but we are only allowing 32 teams to sign up--so hurry! (18 teams are already confirmed)
#2--We need umpires! If you have experience with calling games, then give Chuck a call at 422-3761 to discuss the details.
#3--Even though the actual tournament is open to the whole community, the special activities during the 12 o'clock lunch break will be exclusively for people with down syndrome.During this event, they will get to hit, run and throw -- as in a real softball inning. We need volunteers to help the clients who may a little assistance batting or throwing. Just reply to my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help.